Blogs > Lighten Up with Alisa

33-year-old Alisa Nieves has a happy life, now she wants to make her future happy, too. This Painesville mom hopes to get healthy to enjoy special moments playing with her boys.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

God give me strength!

So I thought having everyone who reads the news-herald know my weight would give me the motivation to lose weight. Just like I previously thought joining weight watchers, $120 a month diet pills from Mexico, dexatrim, Atkins diet and many others magical things would work, but its not working. Sometimes I feel like having a heart attack or getting diabetes is the only way I can lose weight. I know it seems so simple. Don't eat bad things, and move a little bit but I have battling weight for over 30 years. I have so many opportunities through this contest to lose the weight but I'm obviously struggling. I definitely could use more support...I have my mom, my sister and a few co-workers that ask how I'm doing but I wish I had more people..like at home, but living with 5 males isn't very helpful....So I'm asking one more time God to give me the strength I need to do this.
If you know me and are reading this take the time once in awhile to email or shoot me a text..just so I feel like someone cares...I'm hoping tomorrow I wake up with what I need to get through this. There's still a few months left so I have some hope.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Hey Alisa,

Just wanted to tell you to keep going! Hang in there! I lost 315 lbs with Weight Watchers over the past 3 1/2 years. It IS hard, but its worth it, YOU are worth it. Email me if you ever want to chat-I am in Willowick :-)
julieannmead@gmail.com

March 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Alisa. I know how hard it is. I have struggled with my weight forever too. YOU can do this, You are a strong person. Dont let this get you down. I do ask if anyone has heard about how your doing but afraid to ask you because asking someone if the have lost anything is a sticking thing. We all care about you on this side of your family and we want you to succeed, and be happy.And having a all male house does make it harder because they are not into these things.Dont give up and I will pray for you too!! I know you know who I am.

March 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM 
Anonymous Angie said...

You are definately not alone. There are so many of us that have struggled over the years. I know it is hard but you can do it. Just take things one day at a time. Don't think about tomorrow, just today. Keep focusing on what you need to do today. If you really want something tell yourself you can have it tomorrow but you want to get through today. Then let tomorrow take care of itself. I started this regime about 2 weeks ago. I am finding it to be a little easier for me. I can't look at the big picture it is to overwhelming. I don't know if you pray, but that is also a help to me. When I feel like I will explode because I want to cheat, I pray for awhile and try to find something else to do.

I am proud of you for just being part of this contest. You are a good person and I know you can turn this around. I will pray for you. Hang in there!

March 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home